Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use this guide to generate a one-time code to copy and paste into "My Profile" in LibApps.
Code is NOT saved if you leave this tab without adding to "My Profile".
Additional resource: https://ask.springshare.com/libcal/faq/1519
If you haven't recently updated your Settings,
Click My Settings tab to update any information before you create a Widget.
Note: If you make any changes to your settings after you create the Widget, you will need to create a new Widget to embed in your LibGuides.
|Click Widget/Embed Code tab
ONLY VIRTUAL (Zoom) appointments:
- Only myself, but a particular location and group
- Location: VIRTUAL (Zoom)
- Group (need to choose either All or one Subject Group)
- All Groups (includes W39C/HumCore and Subject Groups)
- Select one Subject Group (excludes W39C/HumCore)
BOTH IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL (Zoom) appointments:
Note for Multiple Subject Groups: the widget you create for the one Subject Group will be added into your LibApps "My Profile" and will display on all your LibGuides
Customize the Widget (button to click on to launch the widget's pop-up window):
You can make adjustments to the following. See options below.
Note: Keep the look of the Widget easy for patrons to read.
- Page Title - which appears at the top of the pop-up window
- Width of popup window field
- Height of popup window field
- Button Text field - enter the label you'd like to appear on the button
- Button Text Color field - set the font color of the button text
- Button Color field - set the background color of the button
- Button Border Color - set the border color of the button
- Leave Include jQuery Library unchecked
LibCal program will generate the code, but NOT save it.
You have to copy/paste the code into "My Profile" in LibApps.
- Copy the code
- Click the blue pull-down menu and choose “LibApps”
- Click the “My Profile” button in the menu bar
- Scroll down to the “Widgets” box and Click on "Empty"
- Paste the code in the “LibCal Widget Code”
- Click the checkmark to confirm and to add the button to your profile
- Make sure the “Page & Box” button is clicked under “Display Options”
Note: Updating an existing Widget
- You will not see “Empty” in the LibCal field
- Click on the code itself to open and edit/delete the Widget
Test Widget (make sure it is working correctly):
- Availability tab - add one new date/time
- Select Location
- VIRTUAL (Zoom)
- OR IN-PERSON
- Select All Groups or one specific Group
- Go to your LibGuides and Click on the Widget to submit a test booking
- You should see the following:
- 1st email because you are the patron
- 2nd email because you are the provider
- booking will appear in your Outlook Calendar
- If everything is working, continue adding more appointments in the Availability tab