To access electronic resources you must install, configure, and login to UCI's VPN system:
- Start here for to download the program:
- After installing the program configure the following:
- Connect to: vpn.uci.edu
- Choose the group: UCIFull
- Login using your UCINet ID and password.
- Remember to login everytime you want to use one of these resources! A common misconception is that once the program is downloaded onto your device then you will always have access, but you must ALSO login. It will automatically log you out whenever your device sleeps/shuts down or after about an hour of inactivity.
- To test your VPN connection and/or for additional information please refer to this page: https://www.lib.uci.edu/connect
To access physical resources, you can request that to pick them up outside of Langson Library OR request a scan of a book chapter:
- Find a physical book you want using the library's catalog.
- Open the record for this book (i.e., click on the title)
- Sign in to your Library account using the "Sign In" link in the yellow "Get It" box (this uses your UCINet ID and password).
- Once you've signed in, two new links will appear in the "Get It" box:
- Request pickup: This will take you into a system to request that you can borrow this entire book and pick it up outside of the library. Full information on this new service here: https://www.lib.uci.edu/paging-pickup-services You will be notified when the books are ready for pickup. This could take up to a week (although in many instances it should be much faster) depending on the volume of requests the library is dealing with at that time.
- Request scan: Use this if you know that you only want a particular chapter or small, finite portion of the book.