To access electronic resources you must install, configure, and login to UCI's VPN system:
- Start here for to download the program:
- After installing the program configure the following:
- Connect to: vpn.uci.edu
- Choose the group: UCIFull
- Login using your UCINet ID and password.
- Remember to login everytime you want to use one of these resources! A common misconception is that once the program is downloaded onto your device then you will always have access, but you must ALSO login. It will automatically log you out whenever your device sleeps/shuts down or after about an hour of inactivity.
- To test your VPN connection and/or for additional information please refer to this page: https://www.lib.uci.edu/connect
To access physical resources, you can come into the library and check them out, pick them up from a locker outside of Langson Library, OR request a scan of a book chapter:
- Find a physical book you want using the library's catalog.
- Open the record for this book (i.e., click on the title)
- Sign in to your Library account using the "Sign In" link in the yellow "Get It" box (this uses your UCINet ID and password).
- Once you've signed in, two new links will appear in the "Get It" box:
- Request pickup: This will take you into a system to request that you can borrow this entire book and pick it up at the Langson Library Check Out Desk or at one of our new Smart Lockers located outside of Langson Library. Full information on this new service here: https://www.lib.uci.edu/paging-pickup-services You will be notified when the books are ready for pickup.
- Request scan: Use this if you know that you only want a particular chapter or small, finite portion of the book.
- Request Interlibrary Loan: You can request that a physical copy of this item be shipped to our campus (at one of a few locations of your choice) if we don't own this item OR if our copy is checked out.