These are not exhaustive resources on any of these topics but meant to be a point of departure:
1. Student segregation of secondary schools by Latino populations in Orange County, CA. - some of the origins of this issue go back to the Mendez v. Westminster School District case in the US Ninth Circuit ruling in 1946; news coverage from local press and media; consult the GAO report released in 2016; check out the Civil Rights Project at UCLA for K-12 Education;
2. Refugee integration - currently using Annual Refugee Survey for 2011-15 - interested in countries of origin and particularly from Central America - sources of other dataset are Immigration Statistics from DHS and those listed on data.world; from the UNHCR Refugee Data; current pathways for refugee integration; DACA data; Literature about refugee integration is in the resources, Academic Search Complete; LegalTrac; news & media sources; Sociological Abstracts, Web of Science, SSRN, Rand Reports, etc
3. Private Prisons in US - there is a lot of data - something just released last week; Also the Equal Rights Initiative; Please consult Criminal Justice Fulltext; Rand Reports, PPIC.org; SSRN; LegalTrac; Web of Science
4. Social Networks in Music - influences of trends, popularity of performing artists, record labels, etc - the Spotify Datasets & Publications are here; May want to consult Business Source Complete, explore Academic Rights Press for Entertainment & Music, and contact Performing Arts Librarian Scott Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Socio-economic influences in higher education, specifically of Hispanic populations - start with Digest of Education Statistics; and consult Education Fulltext; ERIC (contains indexing of both journal literature & technical reports); NCES, Immediate College Enrollment Rate (Feb 2019)' See articles and news releases like this; School Enrollment of the Hispanic Population: 2 Decades of Growth (2017);
6. Bias of historical sociology - contingency of soccer matches world wide - how is it reported by the media; what impact it has on competitors, the media coverage, understanding the match - using data from WhoScored.com - may also want to examine https://www.fifa.com/ Other sources of data analytics for soccer may be https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2018/11/19/soccers-moneyball-moment-how-enhanced-analytics-are-changing-the-game/#2dd01b7676b2; https://tdwi.org/articles/2019/07/11/adv-all-sports-analytics-0709.aspx
7. Domestic violence - recidivism rates of domestic violent assaults in OC for ages 15-18. Also what factors are most highly correlated with a teen perpetrating domestic violence and what are the most effective interventions? Sources for this these last 2 issues may be found in PsycINFO, Criminal Justice Abstracts Fulltext, Sociological Abstracts, Academic Search Complete, Social Services Abstracts.