As we learn about your individual information needs we will post recommended sources that may be helpful in directing you to resources. Factors such as age of subject(s), specific environment contribute to the keywords that you may use - then check the Descriptors associated with the entry for additional refinements you can make to your search strategy. The PsycINFO Thesaurus is also online. Use the Limits at the end of the search box to also focus your search.
Databases A-Z lists alphabetically by title all databases at UCI with brief annotations for coverage & scope.
PsycINFO, Criminal Justice Abs, Social Services Abstracts, Sociological Abstracts, Agricultural & Environmental Sciences Collection, PAIS, and other databases are part of the Proquest platform and can be searched together reducing the duplicate entries however you lose the added functionality found especially in PsycINFO when you do that.
Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, CINAHL Complete, Communications Abstracts, Education Source Complete, Family & Society Studies Worldwide, ERIC, are among many databases on the EBSCO platform and can be searched concurrently and de-dup references.
Google Search will retrieve books, book chapters, journal articles and review works - make sure that you have VPN activated to search access to the source
Many of these databases contain fulltext links or will direct you to a FIND at UC icon so you can match content to our holdings.
1.Impact of Graphic Sexual Media Viewership on College Students Understanding of Consent and Abuse in Relationships - PsycINFO, Education Fulltext, ERIC, Sociological Abstracts, Academic Search Complete
2. The Asian American Identify and Its Effects on Engagement with Digital and Campus Health Resources - PsycINFO, PubMed, Education Fulltext, ERIC, PubMED, CINAHL Complete, Academic Search Complete, UCLS
3. The Differential Vulnerability Model and Cardiovascular Health Among LGBTQ+ People - PubMed, CINAHL Complete, LGBTQ+ Life, Alternative Press Index, Campbell Systematic Reviews
4. Shared Social Identify and Psychological Impacts of Traumatic Media - PsycINFO, Academic Search Complete, PubMed; SSRN
5. Stress, Sleep and Hypertension Risk: An Examination of Independent and Synergistic Effects Among Latino Adults - PubMed, CINAHL Complete; PsycINFO
6. The PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act, 2012) Compliance Puzzle: Does Legislation Effectively Reduce Sexual Assault and Misconduct in Prison? Check out https://www.wcasa.org/resources/areas-of-interest/systems/prison-rape-elimination-act-prea/; Criminal Justice Abstracts Fulltext; Academic Search Complete
7. Coworker Support on Job Stress in Remote Setting in Young Adult Populations - Business Source Complete; Communications Abstracts; Academic Search Complete, PsycINFO; Web of Science; UCLS
8. Assessing the Rate and Factors of Wrongful Convictions Resulting from Cold Cases - LegalTrac; Criminal Justice Abstracts Fulltext, Proquest Criminal Justice Periodicals Index
9. Ethnic Identify and Self-Esteem among Chinese International Students in America - Education Complete, ERIC, Web of Science, Academic Search Complete; Family & Society Studies Worldwide
10. Analyzing the Hate Crime Rates Against Asian Americans Due to COVID-19 - Anti-Asian Hate Crime Events during the COVID-19 Pandemic; World Health Organization Covid-19 Global literature on coronavirus disease; Crime Against Asians Isn't Due to White Supremacy: The data show it (May 2021); Global Think Tanks; Dept of Justice Statistics; Academic Search Complete; LegalTrac; Newspaper Indexes
11. The Influence of Social Capital and Institutional Climate on Mental Health at Release: Discovering how Perceptions Shapes our Reality - Criminal Justice Abstracts Fulltext; Proquest Criminal Justice Periodicals Index; Web of Science;
12. Examining how Religiosity and Perceived Social Support Relate to Self-reported Resilience in Child Protective Service Workers - Web of Science, ATLA Religion Database, Virtual Religion Index, Social Services Abstracts, Sociological Abstracts; you may want to read the book, Work Pray Code: When Work Becomes Religion in Silicon Valley, 2022.
14. Breaking Immigrant Barriers - depends on the barriers (access, finances, education, work visas, government roles, etc & time period/population) - Newspaper Indexes, UCLS
15. Representation of Intimate Violence in American Dramas and Korean Dramas - consult the Film & Media Studies Guide and review the list of databases there - noting content for American film & Korean film; JSTOR;
Off-campus? Please use the Software VPN and choose the group UCIFull to access licensed content. For more information, please Click here
Software VPN is not available for guests, so they may not have access to some content when connecting from off-campus.