There are many hints about how to become a more effective communicator, writer and presenter. Remember that this first and foremost is an advanced technical writing class. Some ideas include:
1. Write from an outline
2. Expect to write several drafts
3. Use Tracking to see revisions
4. Create Bibliography as you write - consider using Bibliographic Management Software - RefWorks to allow you to save citations, recall them and apply them in your bibliography using standard formatting with one key-stroke. This is a free web-based program that the Library licenses for all UCI affiliates but for which you must register
5. For a research paper, you may find the following outline helpful:
Background/ Description of Problem or Question/Context/Importance
Summary of Literature Review
Acceptance or rejection of the hypothesis
6. Read paper aloud - see cadences and length of sentences - shorten when possible for clarity
7. Create your portfolio.
Some hints for achieving success iin group projects:
There are several good sources for different aspects of the topic, wearable technology/portable technology/Interent-of-Things.
According to the CES 2019 speculations, "Wearable used to mean “tracker.” Now SNS Telecom and IT estimate an exploding wearable device market of $45 billion by 2021. Wearables will find new form factors and use cases in the workplace, healthcare, fashion and even under the skin! The innovative creators of this transformative lifestyle market will congregate in 2019 to look into the wearable future."
Please use these refinements as a starting point and then consider what additional sources of information are needed - the links to the sources are found below:
Appropriate subject headings include:
You have several assignments in this class. They include writing essays, group collaboration, presentations, research papers, technical papers.