You can access SciENcv a number of ways. The easiest is by going to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sciencv/ and selecting “Click here to start!” You can also access SciENcv via the NCBI’s My NCBI portal, or by going to PubMed and selecting the “Sign in to NCBI” link at the top right of the screen.
My NCBI is a tool designed for multiple purposes across the NCBI system, including saving and customizing NCBI database searches and creating bibliographies of your own work, in addition to housing the SciENcv system, so if you’re not familiar with My NCBI, finding SciENcv once you’re in My NCBI can be a bit tricky. For most users, the SciENcv box will default to the bottom right corner of your screen, but if you have customized your My NCBI account before, it may be located elsewhere.
- ERA Commons
- NSF FastLane Account
- Third-party party sign-in options:
- University of California Irvine (select from 3rd party drop-down list)
- Institutional Gmail
NIH eRA Commons, NSF FastLane, and ORCID account holders who have linked their accounts to NCBI can populate their SciENcv profiles with the information stored in their eRA, FastLane, or ORCID accounts.
Creating a MyNCBI/SciENcv Account
- Using your web browser, go to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sciencv/ and select “Click here to start!”
- Select ”See more 3rd party sign in options”: scroll down to select "University of California Irvine" to log in using your existing Unity ID credentials; or scroll down to select ORCID to log in using your ORCID credentials; or you may click on the Google icon and sign in using your UC irvine Google email account.
- You will be given the option to create a new MyNCBI account or link your Google account to an existing MyNCBI account.
- If you do not already have a MyNCBI account:
- Select “Create a new NCBI account”
- Select the account you wish to use and log in; this will create a MyNCBI account with your email as the username and send a verification link to your email.
- If you already have a MyNCBI account, select “Link to an existing NCBI account”
- You’ll see a screen entitled “My NCBI” - this is your landing page for managing tools within the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- If you haven't used SciENcv before, there will be a small box with a link to create a profile. If you have used SciENcv before, you will see links to biosketches you've already created. To get started on your biosketch go to the “SciENcv” section and at the bottom of that section and select “Manage SciENcv”.
- Select “Create New Biosketch”