The University of California, Irvine, Senate Assembly has passed a Joint Resolution on Scholarly Communication and Faculty Copyrights encouraging faculty members to retain copyright in original scholarship to insure the widest dissemination possible of materials used to further education and research.
There are some simple steps that faculty may take to retain their intellectual property rights.
- UC Office of Scholarly Communication - Copyright Addendum Language
- SPARC Author's Addendum language
- Author Rights (SPARC Resource for Authors)
- Creative Commons
- University of California Copyright Education Website
- Managing Copyright - University of California Scholarly Communication Officers Group
- Copyright Duration Reference Chart