Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
5 easy steps to look for a known title in HathiTrust and check its availability
1. Go to hathitrust.org
2. Log in (upper right corner - choose University of California, Irvine)
3. In the search area, change the search from Full Text to Catalog, and search the title (example: Visions of the future in Germany and America)
4. If you find a record for the correct book check to see if the record says "Temporary Access" and click on the "Temporary Access" link.
5. Click on the "Check Out" button located in the orange banner.
HathiTrust ETAS information
For more information about HathiTrust's Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) please see https://www.lib.uci.edu/hathitrust-emergency-temporary-access-service.
Detailed instructions from HathiTrust about how to use ETAS can be found here: https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-How-To
Please note the following:
- Continued access to HathiTrust ETAS is critical with the majority of UCI students continuing to learn remotely. We cannot loan out print items from our collection that are available in HathiTrust ETAS without losing access to this vital resource.
- This is a temporary service offered only during the timeframe in which the COVID-19 emergency is preventing libraries from allowing patrons to browse print collections in person.