AccessMedicine Patient Education Handouts*
- Physicians and Healthcare providers can sign in to MyAccess profile to add a logo and/or personal message to the Patient Handout.
BMJ Best Practice Patient leaflets*
- "BMJ Best Practice patient leaflets have been awarded The Information Standard for another year. The Information Standard is a way of telling that health and care information produced by an organization for the public is clear, accurate and up to date."
- Provides evidence-based patient education materials.
- Concise, customized materials written at a 4th to 7th-grade reading level cover conditions, treatment, laboratory tests, follow-up care, psychosocial conditions, continuing health and wellness and the most frequently administered drugs.
- Available in 15 languages, CareNotes comprises more than 13,500 end-user documents that cover over 2,600 care condition topics, 2,500 medication topics – and clinical evidence for 485 lab tests.
UpToDate Patient Education* offers two levels of content for patients:
- The Basics are short overviews. They are written in accordance with plain language principles and answer the four or five most important questions a person might have about a medical problem.
- Beyond the Basics are longer, more detailed reviews. They are best for readers who want detailed information and are comfortable with some medical terminology. Contents are available in both English and Spanish.