Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Featured Resources - Books to Help
Image Presentation Guidelines
Guidelines from UCI:
General Tutorials and Tips:
Overview of presentation tools
The following document provides an extensive overview of presentation tools including a descriptions of who can use each tool, and why you might want to use them, the document also includes the pros and cons for each for each tool.
Presentation Authoring Software
- PowerPoint - Microsoft Office software for creating and sharing presentations.
- KeyNote- Apple iWork software for creating and sharing presentations. Available for Macintosh and iPad only.
- Impress- Open-source software available in several versions (Open Office, NeoOffice, etc.) for creating and sharing presentations.
- ARTstor Offline Image Viewer (OIV)- ARTstor-optimized software for creating and sharing presentations.
Online Presentation Authoring Tools
Unique online presentation creation and sharing system with easy image
and video handling. Basic features and public sharing are free
Uses forms and templates to create presentations with minimal work.
Intended for institutional use; requires local server and configuration
support. Free to New Media Consortium members; available for a cost to
- 280Slides (beta)- Free web-based presentation authoring and sharing tool.
- Google Presentations- Free online presentation authoring and sharing tool. As part of
Google Docs, it allows for easy collaboration and sharing with others
who have free Google accounts.
- Zoho Show- Free online presentation authoring and sharing tool. Allows remote presentations.
- SlideRocket - Online presentation authoring and sharing tool optimized for high
resolution images. Basic features are free.
Presentation Best Practices Tip Sheet
Online Presentation Sharing Sites
- UCI Replay- UCI sponsored service to capture and share audio and screen for instrucation or presentations.
- Slideshare- Free web-based service that allows uploading and sharing of presentation slides and audio. Includes tool to sync audio with individual slides. Has also social features allowing users to follow and comment on favorite presenters, topics, etc.
- Authorstream- Free web-based service that allows uploading and sharing of presentation slides and audio. Includes PresentLive feature that lets viewers follow and chat about your live presentations on their own computer.
To print a poster or to make slides for your work at UCI there are several options about where to go. First, you should save the poster and size it accordingly. The following installations are places that will print your poster or help you with digital imaging of slides and other photographic processes:
Imageworks Copy Center
2112 Natural Sciences
School of Biological Sciences
Kinkos @ the University marketplace
4187 Campus Dr, Suite M-170
Irvine, CA 92612
Irvine Photo Boutique
Full service photography processing & digital imaging studio that offers UCI discounts.
Newport Beach, CA 92652