Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing a text in HathiTrust with the link to the item
1. Go to the item's link. The link will start with https://hdl.handle.net... (example of a link: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015054113991)
2. Log in (upper right corner - choose University of California, Irvine)
3. Click on the "Check Out" button located in the orange banner.
HathiTrust ETAS information
For more information about HathiTrust's Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) please see https://www.lib.uci.edu/hathitrust-emergency-temporary-access-service.
Detailed instructions from HathiTrust about how to use ETAS can be found here: https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-How-To
Please note the following:
- Continued access to HathiTrust ETAS is critical with the majority of UCI students continuing to learn remotely. We cannot loan out print items from our collection that are available in HathiTrust ETAS without losing access to this vital resource.
- This is a temporary service offered only during the timeframe in which the COVID-19 emergency is preventing libraries from allowing patrons to browse print collections in person.