Importing your EndNote library to RefWorks:
When importing large amounts of references, it is recommended to import no more than 2500 records (or 3MB of files) at a single time. This will ensure a successful import.
- From EndNote, select the correct Output Style for the export. Under the Edit menu select Output Styles.
- From the list of output styles select RefMan (RIS) Export select it.
Note: If you do not see this format, choose “Open Style Manager” from the Edit menu. In the Style Manager window, click on “Find” and choose “Export.” Check the RefMan format and close the Style Manager. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Select the references you want to export.
- Under the File menu select Export.
A dialog box appears for you to select the location where you want to save the file. Type a file name and select a location for importing into RefWorks. Select Text as your Save As type and click Save.
- Go into RefWorks and from the References menu select Import.
- Select Desktop Biblio. Mgt. Software as your Import Filter and EndNote (Ref Man RIS Format) as your Database. Make sure you select the appropriate Mac or Windows version. Browse for and select the file you just created from EndNote.
- Click Import.