UpToDate Registration and Mobile App Download Instructions
Through UC Irvine’s subscription, affiliates (UC Irvine Faculty, Staff and Students) are able to download and use the UpToDate mobile app by following the steps below.
- Make sure you’re connected to UC Irvine’s network. This can be done in two ways: using a computer with a UCI IP address, such as a library or an office computer, or by using UCI’sVPN software to connect from off-campus.
- Go to the Grunigen Medical Library website (http://grunigen.lib.uci.edu/) and click on UpToDate.
- Click on the “Log In / Register” button (located in the upper right hand corner of the page) to register as a new user.
- Complete all the required fields and click the Submit Registration button to proceed with the one-time registration. Note: Be sure to use your UCI email address. After you’ve completed your registration, you’ll receive an email from UpToDate with your username and a link to reset your password.
- On your mobile device, go to your respective App store or the UpToDate website and download the free mobile app. Use the username and password that you created to log in to the App.
In order to accrue CME and have access to the Mobile App, you must register with UpToDate. You do not need to use the app to accrue CME credits – this can be done from any device as long as you are logged in.
Keep in mind, the UpToDate app is limited to two mobile devices per user. Also, every month, users will receive an email from UpToDate to inform you of the need to re-verify your affiliation with the UCI Libraries to continue using the mobile app.