Importing your EndNote library
When importing large amounts of references, it is recommended
to import no more than 2500 records (or 3MB of files) at
a single time. This will ensure a successful import.
- From EndNote, select the correct Output Style for the
export. Under the Edit menu select Output Styles.
- From the list of output styles select RefMan (RIS) Export
Note: If you do not see this format, choose “Open
Style Manager” from the Edit menu. In the Sytle
Manager window, click on “Find” and choose “Export.” Check
the RefMan format and close the Style Manager. Repeat
steps 1 and 2.
- Select the references you want to export.
- Under the File menu select Export.
A dialog box appears for you to select the location where
you want to save the file. Type a file name and select
a location for importing into RefWorks. Select Text
as your Save As type and click Save.
- Go into RefWorks and from the References menu select
- Select Desktop Biblio. Mgt. Software as your Import Filter
and EndNote (Ref Man RIS Format) as your Database.
Make sure you select the appropriate Mac or Windows version.
Browse for and select the file you just created from
- Click Import.